An excellent opportunity has arisen within the Insurance industry. Manpower Cyprus, on behalf of our client an International leading Insurance Agency, we are seeking to recruit a high calibre professional for the position of Insurance Underwriter, to be based at our client’s offices in Nicosia.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and executing all Underwriting activities of the Agency, including but not limited to: risk submission, completeness of data, analysis and assessment of the risk, coverage structure and design, rating and pricing, negotiation and binding, as well as carrying our risk surveys. The role reports to the General Manager and will be a member of the local team working closely with other team members in supporting each other in all functions of the branch.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the companies underwriting process ensuring appropriate skills and resources are always in place.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and maintenance of the underwriting EQMS system (including authority levels) and ensuring that the annual programme of audits is carried out and recommendations implemented.
- Managing the spread and balance of company’s membership in line with Business Plan objectives, in association with company General Manager
- Ensuring that the link between underwriting and loss prevention is maintained and developed both to ensure that loss prevention input into underwriting is optimised and vice versa.
- Responsible for annual review of and setting of underwriting guidelines - in association with the Agencies policies
- Prepares and issues insurance contracts, endorsements and renewals of contracts.
- Keeps detailed and accurate records of policies underwritten and decisions made
- Provides customer service to commercial customers
- Carries out risk surveys
Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive experience working as a underwriter in an insurance agency ( at least 5 years )
- Effective at working under pressure and balancing competing workload demands
- Proficient in MS Office, with very good Excel knowledge
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Strong strategic, problem-solving, negotiation and interpersonal skills with the ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English and Greek)
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
A very attractive package of remuneration will be offered to the successful candidate based on industry knowledge, experience and qualifications. In addition the successful candidate will be able to join company’s provident fund.