Manpower Cyprus, on behalf of our client, one of the leading international courier companies, we are seeking to recruit a high calibre professional for the position of Operations Manager, to be based at our client’s offices in Nicosia, Cyprus.
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic and enthusiastic individual, for the position of Operations Manager to impact the organization by developing, implementing and leading successful customer operations. He/she directs and controls activities in multiple facilities, with complex accounts and large numbers of employees, to ensure efficient and economical processes for storing and distributing inventory. The successful candidate will also monitors volume for respective clients, ensures contract compliance and is typically responsible for meeting a revenue plan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops operational goals and plans; monitors and communicates performance against plan
- Monitors margins, sets priorities and coordinates with various functions to improve efficiency
- Manages operations to meet customer deadlines
- Monitors system performance, coordinates special projects and resolves problems
- Organizes and structures team/department; oversees administration, functional administration and staff management (including career development, staffing, performance management and development)
- Monitors operational processes to meet customer requirements and ensure compliance with performance standards
- Reviews performance metrics to ensure operations adhere to company standards, policies, procedures, and defined goals
- Sets standards and priorities for the work environment of multiple facilities to ensure compliance with standards for operations, customer satisfaction, and financial performance
- Manages resources and people to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrates a complex knowledge of logistics and distribution operations, including outside carriers and outsourced networks, considers impact of ground transportation operations on other parts of the business, and develops solutions to improve the day-to-day operations
- Assesses business needs by monitoring change, breaks down business components to better prioritize focus, identifies related business demands and makes assessment on long-term goals, and creates solutions designed to fit current and future needs
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, leadership, and coordination of people and resources
- Must have operations experience in high-volume warehouse or manufacturing operation
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with professional personnel at all levels
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Shipping & Logistics Management, Business Administration, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent experience in a logistics/distribution environment – Preferred
- Computer office skills, including very good knowledge of Microsoft office (Proficiency in Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Greek and English
A very attractive package of remuneration depending on experience and qualifications.