An excellent opportunity has arisen within the tech industry. Manpower Cyprus, on behalf of our client a leading software and solutions Group of Companies, we are seeking to recruit a System Engineer to join their expanding team based in Nicosia.
The successful candidate will be part of a talented team of engineers and he / she will be responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, migrating, maintaining and repairing Systems solutions.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and configuration of Servers, Storage, Virtualization, Security and Windows / Linux operating systems solutions.
- Windows Server Active Directory, DNS, Configuration.
- Virtualization Technologies (Hyper-V, VMWare).
- Primary customer technical contact.
- Responding to inquiries from clients, staff, service providers and vendors to provide technical assistance and support.
- Able to carry out site surveys and audits.
- Able to provide accurate feedback to the rest of the team with regards to customer requirements and required changes.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Achieving reliable, timely and high-quality design and deployment work.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of systems, hardware and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services and be able to accurately diagnose root cause.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support.
- Author of design and configuration documents.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in any other related field
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience at the System Engineer level
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows and UNIX /Linux based environments
- Solid experience with virtualization, storage systems and monitoring systems
- Wide know-how of ICT field and systems, networking and/or security in particular with areas of deep specialization
- Microsoft Certifications for on premise and Cloud infrastructure
- Azure Configuration / Administration
- Office 365 Products Configuration / Administration
- Fluency in both Greek and English
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team
- Desire to travel